"As Arnold points out, there is an otherwise inexplicable shift in direction in the Piccadilly line passing east out of South Kensington. “In fact,” she writes, “the tunnel curves between Knightsbridge and South Kensington stations because it was impossible to drill through the mass of skeletal remains buried in Hyde Park.” I will admit that I think she means “between Knightsbridge and Hyde Park Corner”—although there is apparently a “small plague pit dating from around 1664” beneath Knightsbridge Green—but I will defer to Arnold’s research.
But to put that another way, the ground was so solidly packed with the interlocked skeletons of 17th-century victims of the Great Plague that the Tube’s 19th-century excavation teams couldn’t even hack their way through them all. The Tube thus had to swerve to the side along a subterranean detour in order to avoid this huge congested knot of skulls, ribs, legs, and arms tangled in the soil—an artificial geology made of people, caught in the throat of greater London."
Monday, 18 August 2014
Anonymous said: I'm definitely not the best at wording things... But do you know any websites that has clothing for references? Eh, ya' know... something like that.
Heres a few
- Fashions from history
- Omg that dress
- Rebel Reference (they arn’t strictly clothing but they do have a lot)
- Non-Western Historical Fashion
- Phenomenal Fashion (DRESSES, DRESSES EVERYWHERE!)
- Pristine Carousel
- Fripperies and Fobs (Historical dresses!)
- Ephemeral Elegance (more dresses)
- Tokyo Fashion
If any other followers know any comment some in the post! We’re actually going to add a page to the blog to link to many other useful websites for art resources, so feel free to add any to help out vuv
Sunday, 17 August 2014
why should you make a webcomic?
- it’s regular drawing practice
- you get to draw and develop the universe your OCs live in
- you could draw your OCs making out with context
- see number 3
how can you make a webcomic?
- make a new tumblr
- install this theme https://www.tumblr.com/theme/37061
- post comics as you would on any other tumblr they show up on their own webcomic site
what if nobody sees my webcomic :(
- too bad you got to draw your OCs making out and nobody can appreciate your artistic genius obviously the world is not ready for this webcomic genius
The Annoying Detective By Reimena Ashel Yee
Very Beautiful Background By Felicia Choo